When selecting your clothes for your family portrait, keep in mind that we want to create timeless images that focus on the subjects and emotions. With that said, I strongly suggest wearing colors that compliment each other and avoid harsh and distracting patterns and logos(including plaid and striped shirts). Patterns and logos often come as a distraction to what we are trying to capture.
As far as colors, make sure to select something weather appropriate if the season is what inspired you to get a family portrait. Otherwise, I suggest earthy and neutral colors such as light and dark gray, white, rose, pale pink, light blue, earthy brown, nude, etc.
Beach sessions are better if you are not wearing shoes so if your session will take place at the beach keep this in mind.
Editing is the most time-consuming part of my job, it can take anywhere from 10 min to 60 min per image.
Minis, basic, and premium packages come with an initial gallery of lightly edited images for you to choose from (with extra images available for purchase). Only the fully edited images will be available for you to download after you’ve submitted your selection.
All inclusive packages contain all the fully finished edited images from the get-go, you don’t have to worry about having to choose any favorites.
Fully retouched images are the finished products that represent the full quality of my work and cover the following:
- Skin imperfections (acne, some wrinkles, uneven skin tones, discolorations, jaundice, rashes, etc.)
- People in the background (your photos will look as if you were completely alone at the beach with your family)
- Distracting objects or marks on a background, backdrop, or wall
- Back, arm, and side fat rolls
- Double chins
- Add skies and sunset colors when possible
- Teeth whitening
- Extend and smooth backgrounds for newborn or studio-style sessions
- Feature enhancements (brightening and sharpening of faces and eyes)
Expect to get barefoot, a bit sandy, dip your feet in the water, and to have LOTS of fun!
Here are some important recommendations to help you get the most of your session:
- Kids always do a lot better when well fed and rested so make sure to plan accordingly (bringing a snack for the little ones is always a good idea).
- Even on warm days, it can get a little chilly by the end of the session, so make sure to bring warm layers.
- A change of clothes for everyone. I always encourage families to get barefoot and play on the water’s edge. It is a good idea to bring an extra pair of pants for mommy and daddy and an extra set of clothes for the kids.
- Bring a towel. Even if you don’t get wet, beach photos are a lot better if you are barefoot, a towel to clean sandy feet before getting back in the car is ideal.
It all depends on how busy I am. The average is one to two weeks. Make sure to book your session at least a month in advance if you need any printed materials by certain date (especially during holiday season).
It is extremely rare for a child to stay still for a session, I don’t want them to! I like to portray who they are and get those genuine giggles. However a well rested and well fed baby/child does a lot better in front of the camera.