Today is my first holiday shoot of the season! I can’t wait to see all my favorite families again.
If you haven’t heard, don’t miss on the holiday mini sessions I will be having at my property in the redwoods for the remainder of November and December. For details, click here
NOVEMBER & DECEMBER 2015
Join us for a holiday pre celebration in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains.
– 30 min session for 2 adults and 3 children
– Up to 25 edited high res images
– Online gallery with option to download and print
Contact Tatiana at
Today Duke is 1 month old. Dexter has loved him more than I thought he would since the first day.
PHOTO CREDITS: Flaura George, doula. Santa Cruz, CA
Life, love, and light. These three things have been the essence of your care for our family.
The moment we met you, we knew it would be you, the one who would guide us through our journey to become parents.
With our first son, you were an incredible source of knowledge, your guidance through being a first time parent and your humbleness when you didn’t have an answer to my suffering never ceased to amaze me.
My pregnancies were nothing close to easy, not for me, not for my loving husband, and definitely not for you. But you didn’t give up on me.
As time passed, it became clear that you were a part of our family’s spirit, home birthing was a big part of what makes this family what we are.
As we got ready to parent for the second time, you were not only my caregiver, you were my friend, my therapist, I even remember the time you sat next to me to rub my back and cried with me. It was the most confusing time of my life, the darkest too, you showed me compassion and not a single time did you neglect to make me feel that I mattered as well, not only the growing belly.
I still can’t understand how you do it. You have your family life, you are a mom yourself, and you have many other women under your care…still, you managed to constantly check on me, and made me feel like I was the only one.
Thank you Kelly for being who you are, for helping our family through the hard and happy times, and for being part of who we are.
And to your amazing assistant, Flaura George. Thank you so much for your kindness and equal compassion, and for the GORGEOUS pictures of our birth!
As a family photographer and a mother, I’ve witnessed the joy that being pregnant can bring. Below are the 10 most amazing moments that will fill your life with wonder for the months to come, this time of your life will bring you a lot more than just a big belly.
When I used to imagine myself as a mom, images of birthing a human shhhh’d my mind into not being too vivid with my imagination.
Something about carrying something in my tummy for 40 weeks+ just seemed unbelievable and rather scary.
Now I know that even though my pregnancy was hard, there were those moments that, to this day, still make me yearn to be my pregnant self and that definitely soothe me at the thought of going through the process again.
So fear not! Our pregnant body is beautiful, you will be revered everywhere you go, and you will miss the days when you carried your little one around in your belly.
1) The first positive pregnancy test – finally! Baby on its way, the best day of my life (up to that point)
2) First visit with my awesome midwife – ask away, all your concerns, all your doubts, all your expectations, the midwife (or doctor) will lay out what to expect and it makes it all so much more real!
3) Start planing the nursery – is it going to be a boy? a girl? Window shopping!
4) Starting to show the belly – look everyone! I’m pregnant, sooo pregnant indeed!!!
5) First time hearing the heartbeat – someone is alive in there, sniff sniff
6) Ultrasound- at 16 weeks we got to SEE our baby moving for the first time! What made it even better was the way my husband kissed me as the ultrasound technician introduced our son to us
7) Feeling him kick for the first time – was that my tummy growling? Oh wait a sec! There it is again! The baby is kicking!!
8) The last few months as non-parent
9) Pregnant body – as big as you may feel, it is important to cherish your pregnant body, you are a miracle!
10) The most special thing…meeting your newborn!
It was 2 years ago today at 2:11pm that I saw him and kissed him for the first time.
This is my son, the most amazing thing life has given me.