As a family photographer and a mother, I’ve witnessed the joy that being pregnant can bring. Below are the 10 most amazing moments that will fill your life with wonder for the months to come, this time of your life will bring you a lot more than just a big belly.
When I used to imagine myself as a mom, images of birthing a human shhhh’d my mind into not being too vivid with my imagination.
Something about carrying something in my tummy for 40 weeks+ just seemed unbelievable and rather scary.
Now I know that even though my pregnancy was hard, there were those moments that, to this day, still make me yearn to be my pregnant self and that definitely soothe me at the thought of going through the process again.
So fear not! Our pregnant body is beautiful, you will be revered everywhere you go, and you will miss the days when you carried your little one around in your belly.
1) The first positive pregnancy test – finally! Baby on its way, the best day of my life (up to that point)
2) First visit with my awesome midwife – ask away, all your concerns, all your doubts, all your expectations, the midwife (or doctor) will lay out what to expect and it makes it all so much more real!
3) Start planing the nursery – is it going to be a boy? a girl? Window shopping!
4) Starting to show the belly – look everyone! I’m pregnant, sooo pregnant indeed!!!
5) First time hearing the heartbeat – someone is alive in there, sniff sniff
6) Ultrasound- at 16 weeks we got to SEE our baby moving for the first time! What made it even better was the way my husband kissed me as the ultrasound technician introduced our son to us
7) Feeling him kick for the first time – was that my tummy growling? Oh wait a sec! There it is again! The baby is kicking!!
8) The last few months as non-parent
9) Pregnant body – as big as you may feel, it is important to cherish your pregnant body, you are a miracle!
10) The most special thing…meeting your newborn!
It was 2 years ago today at 2:11pm that I saw him and kissed him for the first time.
This is my son, the most amazing thing life has given me.
Holiday season is on top of us, and of course I couldn’t miss the opportunity to partner with Childish Santa Cruz again to bring you my holiday mini sessions.
I hope to see you all, and if not I wish you all the most amazing time with your loved ones. All of you and your little ones have a special place in my heart, I love seeing little families become big families and little babies turn into kids.
Even if you don’t want to be part of the sessions, please feel free to stop by and say hi on Dec. 13th and 14th at Childish Santa Cruz from 10am-2:00pm.
I know I am biased for being his mom but I think he has the most amazing and contagious smile in the whole wide world!
There they are, little partners in crime. Dexter is already too big to ride Lola, but he has been persistent and they’ve found a very agreeable scenario: Lola gets endless hugs & cuddles, and of course a treat or two.
Who could forget their first pet? I still have a very special place in my heart for my very first dog, who was added to my family when I was only a year old, he was a black lab just as gorgeous as Lola.
We are beyond happy to have her as part of our family. As hard as it is to believe, we adopted Lola from GEPDA, an organization dedicated to rescuing abandoned pets. Lola, like many other pets, was surrendered by her formal family because she was too protective of their little one and “they didn’t have time to deal with her barking”….Lola was just one day away from being euthanized when the great folks at GEPDA got her, two weeks later we adopted her. At first she was skittish, submissive, afraid of men, or any sudden movements. Now she is part of our family, troubling us just like a second toddler would at home, but just as loved as any member of our family. The grin on the dog’s face tells how far she’s come out of her shell and isn’t afraid anymore to be herself, no one here will hurt her or surrender her just because she loves our family!
We are so grateful to have found her and hope that many other animals find their way to good families, they are an amazing companion for a little kid!!!